Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ErrorPage HTTPS 301 when Saving and Publishing

Go to End

paradigm

Community Member, 5 Posts

11 September 2012 at 1:16pm

Hi,

I'm running version 2.4.7 with HTTPS setup for use in the admin section of the site. Everything is fine except for when Saving and Publishing an error page. The call to EditForm returns a 301 (Moved permanently) with the Location header set to the HTTP page that is being saved.

E.g. If I save and publish "page-not-found" (404 Error Page) the location header in the 301 from the EditForm action will be http://mysite.com/page-not-found (note that the location is being set to HTTP and not HTTPS).

The other strange thing is that with Dev mode enabled this problem doesn't exist and the page saves successfully.

I have had a look into the depths of the SilverStripe request handling classes but I am hesitant to change anything because it could have widespread effects over the whole site.

Has anyone encountered this problem or would anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,
David.