Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error: Couldn't run query....Got error 28

Go to End

3 Posts   2167 Views

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

14 September 2012 at 6:04am

My question is whether there is any way that this is a coding error? After a few days of up again down again the site is now throwing the following error:

Fatal error: Couldn't run query: SHOW FULL FIELDS IN "Member" Got error 28 from storage engine in....

My feeling that this is a host issue. The client is on a shared host and is running Silverstripe 2.4.7 on Apache, PHP version 5.3.13, MySQL 5.1.63. Two days ago the site was down with server full errors. It came up yesterday, but is now down with this "error 28" message, which I think is also a server full type error.

This site has run fine for several months without issue. The only recent change was to add a (simple) new page type with a jquery slider and a latest news call. Very, very easy and basic. I've used the slider several times before and the latest news comes straight from the tutorial. It's a very simple site, no bells or whistles. If it makes a difference, the "Member" table only has three members.

Any ideas before I write off the rest of my day with the host's support team?

Thanks from one desperate bunny...

HB

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

14 September 2012 at 11:38pm

Edited: 14/09/2012 11:40pm

I never had this happen myself, but googling 'mysql error 28 from storage engine' I saw an awful lot of posts reporting this to be an 'out of diskspace' error, where MySQL cannot write to disk anymore, resulting in every query giving this error...

So maybe the client simply ran out of (tmp) diskspace? If not, I'd definitely contact the hosting provider...

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

15 September 2012 at 1:25am

Thanks for the input! I found pretty much the same info online. The client's usage is minimal, less than 1% of allocated resources (disk space, bandwidth, etc...) and I wasn't able to log in to the host's billing system (it was down as well) to submit a trouble ticket which implied to me that the problem extended further than the client's site. The only response I've had from the host through the various outages is that the site is up and working fine. (Which it did for about 20 hours.) When I went back in to add a new page yesterday it was down again. It's up now, but who knows how long that will last.

On a side note, I Love your blog! I can't remember what I was looking for when I found it, but it was very, very helpful!

Thanks!

HB