Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Image Map

2 Posts   375 Views

Stef87

Community Member, 66 Posts

19 September 2012 at 8:48pm

Edited: 20/09/2012 2:44am

Hi

I'm having trouble with something and it's just occurred to me that it may be impossible to implement.

I want to create an imagefield that only allows the user to select existing images. I'm currently trying to implement a dropdown of images but I'm having trouble.

Here's what I've got so far.

$images = DataObject::get("Image", "ParentID = 5");
   $images->toDropdownMap("ID", "Image", $emptyString = "--select--");

$imageField = new DropdownField('Photo', 'Choose an image', $images);

I tried a treedropdownfield but I need a thumbnail of the image, not just the title.

I also tried this.

class OneFolderImageField extends ImageField {

function __construct($name, $title, $value = null, $form = null, $rightTitle = null, $folderName = null) {
      $folder = Folder::findOrMake($folderName);
      $this->folderName = $folderName;
      parent::__construct($name, $title, $value = null, $form = null, $rightTitle = null, $folder->Name);
   }

public function EditFileForm() {
      $filter = create_function(
         '$item', '
         $folder = Folder::findOrMake(\''.$this->folderName.'\');
            return
               (in_array("Image", ClassInfo::ancestry($item->ClassName)) && $item->ParentID == $folder->ID)
               ||
               (in_array("Folder", ClassInfo::ancestry($item->ClassName)) && $item->ID == $folder->ID)
      ;');
      $form = parent::EditFileForm();
      $form->dataFieldByName('ExistingFile')->setFilterFunction($filter);
      return $form;
   }

}

$imageField = new OfferImageField('Photo', 'Photo', 'Photo', $this, 'Test', $folderName);

But that didn't work as I thought it would.

Thanks in advance.

Stef87

Community Member, 66 Posts

20 September 2012 at 2:43am

Edited: 20/09/2012 2:43am

Correction

After many long hours of trying many different convoluted methods it turns out all I need to do to get rid of the upload from computer option was this.

$imageField->setCanUploadNewFile(false);

I found it buried here http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/forms/fields-files/FileIFrameField.html#methodsetCanUploadNewFile

Works in 2.4.7