Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SOS HELP NEEDED!!

Go to End

4 Posts   1176 Views

tchintchie

Community Member, 63 Posts

29 September 2012 at 8:04pm

Hi all!

Sorry for bothering but this is a really urgent matter: I´m running a website for my mum´s travel agency and therefore implemented Uncle Cheese´s Event Calendar module. Today I checked the "Reiseprogramm" page (which I really don´t do on a regular basis) and noticed that it returns an empty page (empty meaning plain white with no content whatsoever).
All my events are present in my backend and when I access them from there it works. But no chance to get the live site showing any content :-( I don´t really think it´s a module issue since I never changed anything...it´s actually been a while since I last added or removed a date. I checked the pages configuration and permissions but it all seems ok. All other sites work fine ... why just not this one??
I have no clue why the page suddenly turned blank! Here´s a link to the page concerned: http://rs-reisen.at/reiseprogramm/
You can still click the events from the start page http://rs-reisen.at/ (scroll down to the images) but when you click on the calendar from there it goes blank :-/
This really is a vital page for this website so any help would be greatly appreciated!!
BTW using Silverstripe 2.4.5 and the already mentioned Event Calendar module

many thanks in advance
yours desperately
tchintchie

tchintchie

29 September 2012 at 8:12pm

Update:
I played around with themes (changing and changing back to my custom theme) and now even the preview events from my start page are gone !!!! :-(

wmk

Community Member, 87 Posts

29 September 2012 at 11:31pm

Hi, when Silverstripe only returns an emtpy page you need either switch to dev-mode to see errors or try error logging to a file or look at your webserver log.

See http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/2.4/topics/error-handling

Sometimes it's something on the webserver (no space available on harddisk?) or database that causes funny errors that are hard to find.

Good Luck! If you need more help you can call me, i'm also located in Austria ;)

tchintchie

29 September 2012 at 11:44pm

thanks wmk for your help! I´ve checked our webserver, there´s still plenty of space...so that´s not the issue. Meanwhile I´ve helped myself with a redirect link to our facebook event-page. I´ll look into the error-handling, thanks for pointing that out!!

liebe Grüsse!!