Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Deleting Pages

2 Posts   551 Views

Priddo

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 October 2012 at 4:04pm

I'm working on my first ever site in SilverStripe, and I'm picking it all up as I go, I've managed to add a page type, and set up a custom made theme, but I've got one annoyance I can never seem to work out, and it seems really stupid.

How do I delete a page in the CMS? I ran /dev/build?flush=1 to update pageTypes, but it also added a 'home' page to the site, which I don't want. I can unpublish it and delete the draft, but I still have it in my list, and I'd really like to keep this as tidy as possible. I think I might be blind or missing something simple that I've overlooked.

Thanks for any help.

n0ne

Community Member, 18 Posts

5 October 2012 at 5:27pm

Afaik u can't premamently delete Home page cuz it's your main page (when U visit yourdomain.com), so maybe u should create a new home page in your mysite/code and if You don't wan't it to be displayed in the menu as "Home" u should just change the label.
Another solution would be to create a home page class that would redirect to another page.