Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS3 "Please log in and try again" Found the culprit

Go to End

5 Posts   1501 Views

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

5 October 2012 at 4:14pm

If any of you have been driven nuts by having alert boxes with "Please log in and try again" and entire popup windows ready for the login then the chances are you are developing using a laptop.

The culprit is, I believe, in LeftAndMainPing.js where the site is ajax pinged (or simply ajaxed) in the background to keep the session going. The snag is that with some devices, like my laptop, the net connection is not available 100% of uptime. Once it fails the popups pile up bigtime which is a huge irritation.

Solutions?
1. Ping 8.8.8.8 (google's dns) to see if there's a net connection before attempting the connection to login status. However this is cross site requesting which is not favoured.
2. Use the window.navigator.onLine property supported by browsers. I am trying this right now and will report.

Julian

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 October 2012 at 8:11pm

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

6 October 2012 at 10:56am

No not related. There is only an admin super user in existence at this time. And my fix didn't work... yet!

okotoker

Community Member, 50 Posts

27 October 2012 at 7:06am

I am having the issue from the ticket. What do I need to do to solve this?

CriaturaCreativaStudio

Community Member, 73 Posts

3 July 2013 at 9:27am

Hi!

I'm having this irritating issue in a Silverstripe 2.4.10 installation.
Is there a solution for this?

Regards