Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Document Management

12 Posts   1572 Views

SilverStripe

Community Member, 4 Posts

21 November 2012 at 3:12pm

Yes, it's time! Check out the community blog. Enjoy! And be sure to post any questions or comments.

cumquat

Community Member, 198 Posts

21 November 2012 at 9:12pm

Wow whooooo :o)

Thanks for this one thing i will be asking for when i et a better grip on it is the ability to check a document out like a status maybe of a document for when people are making changes.

Any who i shall be downloading and playing today with a bit of luck.

again many thanks for this.

Mick

candidasa

Community Member, 10 Posts

22 November 2012 at 9:59am

Nice idea to add a "check-out lock" for documents. That isn't something that we would want to put into the core of the DMS system, but it is definitely something that would work as a plug-in. Are you up for creating this functionality?

The way to do it would be to use the SilverStripe extension mechanism:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/dataextension

You could create an extension that adds new $db fields with a variable for "document locked" and maybe a reference to the "Member ID" who holds the lock. Then you would create a method in your extensions like this:
public function updateCMSFields(FieldList $fields) {}

A method that overrides the CMS rendering and removes the "replace document" button if the lock is active. Perhaps replacing the button with a message like "User Mick has locked this document".

cumquat

Community Member, 198 Posts

22 November 2012 at 9:55pm

Morning,

Agreed this wouldn't be core, I will have a play at seeing what I can come up with over the next week or so.

Cheers

Mick