Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Content editor in SS 3.0.2 not working

6 Posts   462 Views

tdma

Community Member, 7 Posts

16 October 2012 at 8:38pm

I did a fresh install of SS 3.0.2 on Debian Squeeze with PostgreSQL 8.4.12.

I can move around the admin interface, but when I try to click a page name to open the content editor, nothing happens.

Anything I could change or try?

Thanks!

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

18 October 2012 at 10:57am

Edited: 18/10/2012 10:57am

If you open the Console in Chrome Developer Tools, or Firebug in Firefox, are there any errors showing up after clicking around the CMS?

tdma

18 October 2012 at 11:25am

Hi, thanks for your help.

I opened the firefox console. There are no errors. There is a whole list of warnings related to css, and some that sound like "unknown pseudo-class of pseudo-element 'input'" (or 'zoom', background, etc).

I also tried in chrome and internet explorer, no luck...

Could it be anything related to the postgresql module that I got from the trunk?

J.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

18 October 2012 at 11:35am

Edited: 18/10/2012 11:35am

I'm not sure, but it could be. You could try MySQL or SQLite3 database to rule that out as a possible problem.

Assuming there is PHP error logging enabled in php.ini, are you able to check the logs and see if any PHP errors are in there?

I think default logging location for errors with Apache on Debian is /var/log/apache2/error.log

Thanks,
Sean

tdma

19 October 2012 at 12:46pm

Nope, unfortunately there are no PHP errors in the apache log...

tdma

5 November 2012 at 1:58pm

For those interested: in the end the problem was with modsecurity...