Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS 2.4.8 First login fails (on live server)

Go to End

2 Posts   1435 Views

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

12 November 2012 at 11:12am

With one of my websites, logging in the first time just sends the user straight back to the login form. There is no error message. The second login attempt works fine. This only happens on the live (public) server; the test server behaves the way that it should.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, any idea what would trigger this? I've had problems in the past that were caused due to the live server having mod_security installed (it's a shared hosting server, so the configuration isn't set by me), so I'm guessing that a server-specific setting is responsible.

One other wierd thing is that the dev/build output is unformatted on the live server. It just comes out as a mass of unformatted text. Once again, the test server doesn't do this.

Hans

Van

Administrator, 25 Posts

13 November 2012 at 11:46am

Hello HansR,

It does indeed appear to be a server configuration problem, although I couldn't tell you what. My best guess is that whatever is causing it, was probably implemented as a security feature.

Sorry I can't help more.