Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS3 Admin UI Issues

5 Posts   402 Views

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

23 November 2012 at 8:53pm

Hi all,

I'm building one of my first SS3 sites, and am having a bit of a weird issue. After installing SS3 stable, I noticed some interesting UI issues in the admin. I tried updating to the latest rc2 of 3.0.2, but that didn't fix anything.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? And if so, did you manage to fix it?

Note: I'm assuming the notification shouldn't be times new roman - which is why it's in there.

AdamJ

27 November 2012 at 12:50pm

This is now happening on 3 different installs of SS3 ranging from 3.0 to 3.0.3. Anyone else seeing this?

feejin

Community Member, 22 Posts

28 November 2012 at 11:55pm

Just checked a few installs, the buttons are all in a row and alerts are in a sans-serif font. If I make the window narrow, the right hand buttons drop underneath. I assume you're not using an obscure browser / plugins?

AdamJ

3 December 2012 at 8:54pm

@feejin,

Thanks for adding your thoughts!

I'm running Chrome at 1690px wide on my monitor and it's still displaying weird - but opening the admin in Opera the buttons display in line and the text in the notification popup displays as a sans-serif font. Although the edit tree button is displaying on it's own line still, which I saw on the same line in the help docs.

I guess for some reason Chrome isn't displaying something correctly. Not sure what, but something's not right!

feejin

Community Member, 22 Posts

4 December 2012 at 1:11am

I've experienced Chrome doing weird things like that before, I think it was down to a broken plugin or custom stylesheet. Backup your bookmarks and uninstall / reinstall perhaps?