Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Changing the homepage

5 Posts   369 Views

Stef87

Community Member, 66 Posts

5 December 2012 at 3:58am

SilverStripe 2.4.7

Hi

I have implemented a method which outputs html and I call it this way. www.mysite.com/myclass/html

My client has now decided that they want this page displayed as the homepage so when a user types in www.mysite.com it will come up. Is there a way I can achieve this in SilverStripe? I know that I can use Redirector pages but that doesn't mask the URL.

Thanks

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

5 December 2012 at 12:07pm

So how do you want the URL to act exactly?

If I type in www.mysite.com, do you want me redirect to www.mysite.com/myclass/html? Or do you just want the content from the latter to display without the URL changing?

Stef87

5 December 2012 at 9:58pm

Hi Double-A-Ron

Thanks for replying so quick. I want the content from the latter to display without the URL changing. Sorry if this is a really obvious question, it has me stumped though.

Thanks

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

5 December 2012 at 10:17pm

Is the method you speak of at www.mysite.com/myclass/html a Silverstripe page or plain PHP?

Personally, I would simply port that page into your /mysite/code/HomePage.php classes so your homepage becomes a replica of the page above.

You can use htaccess to redirect traffic hitting the homepage to a particular URL, but the URL will change as a result.

Stef87

5 December 2012 at 10:23pm

It's a SilverStripe page with a method in the controller. I have to parse HTML before it is displayed so I wasn't sure how else to do it. Ok, I'll transfer it all to a HomePage. Thanks for your help. :)