Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Displaying assets problem

2 Posts   476 Views

Harley

Community Member, 153 Posts

5 December 2012 at 6:19am

Hello,

I have a strange problem with displaying assets like documents in a new tab in SS2.4.7. I had this working and then the client wanted a different domain so I had to switch everything to a new location on the server so I could migrate. Now where I have instances of documents that need linking from text, they won't open when you click on them.

If I type the full path (http://www.mysite.com/assets/Uploads/file.pdf) into the browser it just comes back with a 404.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

Much appreciated

Harley

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

5 December 2012 at 12:21pm

This could be a million different things. And probably not Silverstripe related. The fact that you are getting a 404 suggests the files simply do not exist where the links say they do since the move. If you had a 40x (other than 404) or 50x error, you could at least say it was a config issue of some sort.

This could either mean the links are incorrect, or the files simply aren't in the expected location, if at all.

Do you have a link to a live site? Can you view any other type of file inside /assets?