Im strugling, i want to create a set of images with a title and description , for instance on my blog entry's.
- It should be easy/ quick
- users must be able to choose images from the assets folder
- multiple image selection
- Add title/descriptions to them
- sortable order using drag & drop
it used to work quite easy, i would select all my images in the dataobjectmanager, e.g. 4 images.. and a popup would appear, and I would enter the title/description for al of them. Save.. done..
I have tried the bulkUpload way with a dataobject (BlogImages)
$gridFieldConfig = GridFieldConfig_RecordEditor::create() ->addComponent(new GridFieldBulkEditingTools()) ->addComponent(new GridFieldBulkImageUpload()) ->addComponent(new GridFieldSortableRows('SortOrder')); $gridField = new GridField( 'BlogImages', 'Blog Images', $this->owner->BlogImages()->sort('SortOrder'), $gridFieldConfig ); $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Images', $gridField);
- but then i have the downside of a dataobject that i have to save first before i can upload an image, this is not easy, confusing for clients
- also i dont like the fact the editing opens in a new (almost full screen) window, a pop-up would be good enough. Now i have to return to my page using the breadcrumbs..
What is best practice?
also tried uploadfield and sortableUploadField, but cant add dataobjects (for the description) to them(?)