Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

What level is the current master repo?

Go to End

3 Posts   932 Views

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

12 February 2013 at 9:29am

Where is the master branch generally and currently. Is there anywhere to look at and tell? The 3.1 branch seems to have more recent changes.

By the way why are the version files always empty when using git to get all the files. It means we never have a proper version report in the cms.

Julian

willmorgan

Community Member, 11 Posts

13 February 2013 at 11:40pm

Right now 3.1 is in beta and 3.0 is the current stable version.

That said, a lot is deprecated-on-arrival in 3.0. So I would take the leap and go with 3.1 off the bat.

I've worked on 2 projects using 3.1 and there have been no glaring issues, so I'd recommend going down that route.

Framework and CMS are hosted under silverstripe on GitHub. You can find framework here: https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire; just switch branches to 3.1 for the good stuff.

Hope this helps.

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

15 February 2013 at 2:00pm

Actually Willr had said something about master being 3.2 - I already use 3.1 as it contains some mods around viewing deleted pages that I had spotted and asked for. I just like living on the bleeding edge!!