Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SilverStripe TextMate Bundle

7 Posts   518 Views

novaweb

18 February 2013 at 5:04pm Community Member, 115 Posts

Hi Strippers!

I am really missing the SilverStripe Bundle for TextMate that Ingo authored back in the day.

I have checked out the code from SilverStripe's old SVN repo, and put the bundle in to the new location for TM bundles (Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/) but cannot get the bundle to show up after restarting TextMate (and my Mac)

What gives? Is there a more recent version? One of the ones that show up on Google didn't work either, which was based on Ingo's original bundle.

Any help much appreciated.

novaweb

20 February 2013 at 1:15pm Community Member, 115 Posts

And here it is! https://github.com/dospuntocero/silverstripe-textmate-bundle/archive/master.zip

BobRock

21 August 2013 at 12:11pm Community Member, 15 Posts

Is there a newer one somewhere? This one works, mostly, but doesn't seem to highlight syntax properly for SilverStripe v3.0+.

Bob

novaweb

21 August 2013 at 12:27pm Community Member, 115 Posts

Hi Bob, apparently not. TextMate stopped being used by the SS guys a few years ago. They are using something else now, so have probably written a plugin for their new chosen text editor. I'd jump on irc and see what the goss is.

BobRock

23 August 2013 at 9:54am Community Member, 15 Posts

There is a more current syntax package for Sublime Text (not my favorite editor), but even it has inconsistent coloring.

:(

novaweb

23 August 2013 at 11:00am Community Member, 115 Posts

Hi Bob,

TextMate is my favourite too. I am on 50+ hours at the moment but will attempt to look at upgrading the plugin when I get a chance.

Best,
Josh

(Yes you were right, Sublime Text 2 is what they use now)

Willr

24 August 2013 at 12:50pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

Bit of related discussion at http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/21777?