Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[Solved] $AbsoluteBaseURL or $BaseHref have CRLF appended

tazzydemon

Community Member, 123 Posts

7 March 2013 at 1:27pm

Edited: 08/03/2013 5:34pm

I have been trying to make the ss3 dev site I am running in a subdirectory have correct template references by using this in my templates:

<script src="{$BaseHref?}{$ThemeDir?}/blahblah.js"></script>

or more correctly now:

<script src="{$AbsoluteBaseURL}{$ThemeDir?}/blahblah.js"></script>

However both fail because a PHP_EOL is being appended to the URL thus breaking the line and therefore the link.

I thought I had traced this to function Text__finalise() in SSTemplateParser.php.inc but this appears not to be the case. I thus far have failed to find the source. Note that the $ThemeDir? does not have the CRLF appended and the output directly from Director:absoluteBaseURL() seems fine.

Interesting that it's CRLF appended because I am testing on Windoze but serving from linux. The files are linux correct as far as I am aware.

Needless to say I have scoured the place for \r\n as well.

I have put this in Trac too.

Stop press. I tracked it to the casting in SSviewer using default casting (HTMLText) for the array in get_template_global_variables() in Director.php. I believe this should be 'Text' and I have altered the array in Director.php as follows:

public static function get_template_global_variables() {
      return array(
         'absoluteBaseURL' => array('method' => 'absoluteBaseURL', 'casting' => 'Text'),
         'baseURL' => array('method' => 'baseURL', 'casting' => 'Text'),
         'is_ajax',
         'isAjax' => 'is_ajax',
         'BaseHref' => 'absoluteBaseURL', //@deprecated 3.0
      );
   }