Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Issue with User Forms

Go to End

13 Posts   1732 Views

JMOR

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 March 2013 at 7:35am

Edited: 13/03/2013 9:30am

I downloaded the latest user forms module userforms, and it does call user forms, but when I try to goto the page in the back admin
it freezes on it as something is wrong.

Someone said I have to do a git sub or something, all I did was a rebuild

When I try to do a ?flush=1 it says memory exhausted error

rbpynet

Community Member, 4 Posts

14 March 2013 at 12:32pm

Edited: 14/03/2013 5:37pm

I got some issue too! I downloaded 'silverstripe-silverstripe-userforms-0.4-123-g5935b1c.tar.gz' unzipped, renamed to 'userforms'. Placed it in my sites root directory. Run in my browser - "http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build" or "http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build?flush=1" to rebuild the database. Then on my admin page i clicked one of my pages name 'services'. Under the setting tab. I can see a new PageType 'User Defined Form'. I clicked it it prompted me with a dialog box then i clicked OK to proceed. Everything when well.. but when I hit the "save & publish" button. A msg box at the right top corner of my screen say "internal server error". I cant save the damn page which forced me to removed the userforms folders. sigh! im using silverstripe 3.0.5.

added: Error at line 580 of /opt/lampp/htdocs/silverstripe/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

14 March 2013 at 5:41pm

Hello,

I am also receiving an internal server error after adding a new page using this module.

I am also running the latest version of SilverStripe.

Cheers,

Gary

gakenny

14 March 2013 at 6:09pm

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest master build from the module page. I was unable to extract this on the server so I extracted locally and repackaged before uploading.

After recreating the thirdparty folder and the jquery-validate and Placeholder.js subfolders (and the relevant contents), I have been able to overcome the issue described in this thread.

Cheers,

Gary

rbpynet

14 March 2013 at 6:38pm

Edited: 14/03/2013 6:39pm

hey mate what file did you download? silverstripe-userforms-master.zip or silverstripe-silverstripe-userforms-0.4-123-g5935b1c.tar.gz ?

When i checked my thirdparty folder it has 2 sub-folders inside of it but empty. cheers

gakenny

14 March 2013 at 7:07pm

Hi,

On this page:
http://www.silverstripe.org/user-forms-module/

Look for latest master build on the right hand side of the page (you need to scroll to find this).

The file is called:
silverstripe-userforms-master-HEAD.tar.gz

I did need to uncompress this file locally and recompress before uploading to my server to overcome any error messages.

Cheers,

Gary

rbpynet

14 March 2013 at 7:35pm

Hi gakenny,

Thanks mate. i run some permission issue. but all is well.

its working now. Awesome!!

Cheers,

Eric

Wezzlee

Community Member, 28 Posts

15 March 2013 at 10:50am

Hi rbpynet,

can you please tell me what you exactly did to solver the issue. I have also installed the lastest version of Silverstripe (3.05) and downloaded the latest version from github, but somehow it does not work. When I create a New User Defined Form (Draft) it appears in the page menu, but when I Click on it a white page appears and the following error message: "Error at line 580 of /var/www/vhosts/8/136859/webspace/httpdocs/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php"

How can I solve this? I have followed the install instructions and I even did the ?flush=1 in the admin section, but nothing seems to help.

Any help is welcome! Thanks

Wesley

Go to Top