Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Change the default authentication page

Go to End

2 Posts   991 Views

sylco

Community Member, 10 Posts

5 April 2013 at 10:57am

Hi,

I created a web page that is not listed in the menu of my site and which is basically a stand alone page. I would like to provide a direct link to that page with mandatory authentication to see it. So far, this is working well, but the default credential entering page shows the structure of my Web site and I would like to avoid that. Is there a way to get rid of that default credential entering page and built a simpler one so that the user can provide credentials without being presented the structure of my site?

Alternatively, I wouldn’t mind a form with a simple field to enter just a password. I have the form module installed, but I have no clue how I could test for a value and then authorize the viewing of that page.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 April 2013 at 8:07pm

You can customize the login view by adding a Security_login.ss template. If you don't want to include the site container but this in your templates folder (rather than as a Layout template).