Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Silverstripe Version?

4 Posts   307 Views

Enopho

15 May 2013 at 11:10am (Last edited: 15 May 2013 11:11am), Community Member, 2 Posts

Hello there,

Wonder if you can help. I have taken over supporting a Silverstripe site for a client, but the previous Site Developer has delibiratly removed any reference to the Silverstripe version from the backend admin panel. Can anyone else point me to where i might find the version that is being used?

Many Thanks

Enopho

Bambii7

15 May 2013 at 11:46am Community Member, 254 Posts

If it's 2.4
You'll see two folders called sapphire & cms in the main site directory.

If it's 3+ you'll see framework & cms

Inside sapphire or framework dir there should be a file called silverstripe_version open that up to see which version you're running (if it's still there)

Enopho

15 May 2013 at 12:28pm Community Member, 2 Posts

Thanks Bambii7,

I have Sapphire and CMS in the root so looks like its 2.4?. I did look before at the Sapphire\silverstripe_version file and the only thing in it was $URL$
I appreciate your quick reply though.

Thanks very much.

Enopho.

Bambii7

15 May 2013 at 3:22pm Community Member, 254 Posts

Right, yep I'd say that safe to assume 2.4, the sapphire folder is pre 3.x

Looks like the $url$ is when they moved away from svn to git... http://www.silverstripe.org/upgrading-silverstripe/show/18344