Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Help, can't install any modules. v3.0.5

4 Posts   489 Views

jbryner

Community Member, 15 Posts

15 May 2013 at 5:47pm

I'm upgrading a site from v2.4 to v3.0.5 I finally got the site up and running, but none of the modules I've installed seem to registering. For instance, I converted a gallery page to the Photo Gallery detailed in this page: http://www.silverstriperesources.com/articles/how-to-make-a-photo-gallery-in-silverstripe-3/ . I uploaded both of the "GridFieldBulkEditingTools" and "SortableGridField" folders to my site's root, with the other main SS files. But when I load up the gallery page I get a "Fatal error: Class 'GridFieldBulkEditingTools' not found " error. Neither of those modules show in the /dev/build output.

I also have uploadify and htmlpurifier, neither of those show up in the /dev/build.

Is there's something that I could've done in the upgrade process that would make these modules not install?

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

17 May 2013 at 12:41pm

Hi jbryner,
isn't the uploadify module a 2.4 extension (from the righteous uncle cheese) don't think that will be compatible with 3.x
Also I had some issue with blog modules, as I was downloading the master copies of the branches on Github. I managed to get the GridField & Sortable grid going, if you're still having issues with the modules I can upload the versions I have.

SnowBoarder82

Community Member, 52 Posts

4 July 2013 at 10:22am

Hi jbryner,

I seem to be having the same issue with installing the gallery module as you've described. Did you ever come to a solution on this one?

SnowBoarder82

Community Member, 52 Posts

5 July 2013 at 3:35pm

Hi jbryner and anyone else experiencing the same problem.

You can see the thread for the fix on the GridFieldBulkEditing tools error with the SS3 Gallery Module here:
[url]http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/20465?start=56[/url]