Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

There are two files containing the "i18n" class

7 Posts   1038 Views

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

30 May 2013 at 7:12am

I'm not too sure how I managed to do this, but on my newly installed copy of silverstripe (installed via Composer), which worked initially, stopped working after I changed some theme files.

I'm getting Server Error 500 when trying to access the admin area, and upon checking my logs, the error its showing me is:

[Wed May 29 20:09:44 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.108] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There are two files containing the "i18n" class: "/srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/i18n/i18n.php" and "/srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/i18n/i18n/i18n.php"' in /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php:361\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: SS_ClassManifest->handleFile('i18n.php', '/srv/www/new.sw...', 3)\n#1 /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/filesystem/FileFinder.php(158): call_user_func(Array, 'i18n.php', '/srv/www/new.sw...', 3)\n#2 /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(284): SS_FileFinder->find('/srv/www/new.sw...')\n#3 /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(133): SS_ClassManifest->regenerate(true)\n#4 /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/core/Core.php(276): SS_ClassManifest->__construct('/srv/www/new.sw...', false, false)\n#5 /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/main.php(62): req in /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php on line 361

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 137 Posts

30 May 2013 at 8:37am

Hi,

It looks as if you have an extra i18 folder for some reason.
You can try to just delete the folder and files in /srv/www/new.sworcs.ac.uk/public_html/framework/i18n/i18n/

But perhaps there is even more duplicates - don't know how you managed to get them though :-)

(The error just says that there are 2 php files with the same php class inside. In this case the i18 class.

neverthemachineforever

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 June 2013 at 8:10pm

I also received this error, and after removing i18n/i18n I received similar messages about other modules.
Realizing that every subdirectory of framework/ had been duplicated, I ran a (messy and mildly dangerous):
<code>
for i in `find ./ -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -exec basename '{}' \;`; do rm -r $i/$i; done
</code>
from within the framework folder to delete all duplicates.

Now I'm getting a
Fatal error: Based on their before & after rules two fragments both need to be before/after each other in /var/www/gethomesafe-website/framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php on line 319
With only one forum post here: http://www.silverstripe.org/upgrading-silverstripe/show/20869

Similar to OP, I installed via composer, and deployed with git. framework/ is git tracked by default, and the duplicates appeared after a composer update. Perhaps I should .gitignore framework/?

This to me seems a fairly common deployment use case, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a cure.

neverthemachineforever

Community Member, 3 Posts

9 June 2013 at 10:36pm

Edited: 09/06/2013 10:37pm

Just in case anyone else has this problem, my second issue (coming from ConfigManifest.php), was resolved by also deleting the duplicated folders within the /cms folder. I have the same issue every time I deploy my application to a new location and run a composer update ;(
Naturally follow this up with a request to /dev/build

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

25 June 2013 at 10:41pm

Does anyone have a suitable fix for this? Is this the fault of Silverstripe or of Composer?

kinglozzer

Community Member, 175 Posts

26 June 2013 at 1:17am

It's an issue with composer I believe, the only fix is to delete cms/ and framework/ and then run composer update

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

3 March 2014 at 12:57pm

FWIW I have just downloaded and unpacked SS3.1.2 manually from the website and there are two folders there containing the i18n classes.

Having a bit of trouble making that build work at all if I'm honest.