Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Server Upgrade Woes

Go to End

38 Posts   10495 Views

Lazarus404

Community Member, 72 Posts

6 June 2013 at 12:27am

Hey guys,

So, I've had several SilverStripe websites running on GoDaddy servers for a couple of years with no issues. Then, recently, they decided to update the Apache instance on those servers to version 2.4. Now, when I view the sites, the home pages work great, but all other pages show a 404 error. The admin and dev URLs also show a 404. We've proven that mod_rewrite is working on these servers as is htaccess, as the ModX (yes, I know... I said a swear word) instances work fine.

Does anyone know what might be the issue, here? Is there anything I can try to get these working? Unfortunately, the servers are shared, so GoDaddy won't let me have access to the Apache config files.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Lazarus404

6 June 2013 at 6:57am

If it helps to view a site, one of the sites is at http://www.elixair.com

Thanks,
Lee

Lazarus404

6 June 2013 at 11:09am

So, I decided to upload the install script to see if it would help diagnose the issue by stating what was missing or misconfigured on the server. The only anomalie that returned was a message under the PHP configuration which states "magic_quotes_gpc option turned off". It doesn't seem to me like this would be the cause. Could it?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lee

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

6 June 2013 at 10:48pm

Are you able to reproduce this behaviour on a clean straightforward SilverStripe install?

Does ~elix.... ( dots represents a number) mean anything to you?

Martine

Lazarus404

7 June 2013 at 8:27am

Yes, it happens with a fresh install, too. No, I don't recognise ~elix... Where did you see that?

Thanks,
Lee

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

8 June 2013 at 12:56am

Same exact issue with me too. Here's my original post from this morning: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/23928#post322510

I have no idea how to fix and GoDaddy seem to think they haven't changed anything at all. Let me know if you have any progress. I'll keep looking for a fix too.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

8 June 2013 at 1:13am

Lazarus404: it looks like for every page except for the homepage, silverstripe is looking for URLSegment" = '~elixXXXX'. I don't know why, does that seem right to you, or ring a bell?

(XXXX represents a number that I didn't want to expose here - but it's always the same number.)

Pop me a mail if you want me to explain how I got there...

Martine

Lazarus404

8 June 2013 at 11:25am

Yes please, Martimiz. I can't find that in the page source. elix... is probably the account directory name. If I knew where that was being displayed, it might be I could piece together what the problem is.

GoDaddy still hasn't resolved the issue. They've admitted it's their fault, but doesn't seem to be making this a priority.

Thanks,
Lee

Go to Top