Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Server Upgrade Woes

Go to End

38 Posts   10494 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

11 June 2013 at 6:21pm

Yep received email from GoDaddy this morning with same info as below to fix. This solved my issue!

It appears that a recent upgrade to Apache 2.4 has caused mod rewrites (redirects) to function in a slightly different manner that is effecting how Silver stripe is redirecting. In turn, this was causing all redirects to sub pages from functioning properly on your website. I have made a modification to your code that has corrected the issue at this time. The changes within the file sapphire/main.php on lines 76 and 77 are as follows:

**Original Code**:
if (isset($_GET['url'])) {
$url = $_GET['url'];

**New Code**:
if (isset($_GET['YourDomain.com'])) {
$url = $_GET['YourDomain.com'];

Scott Farmer

Community Member, 49 Posts

12 June 2013 at 11:40am

I have silverstripe version 3.1.0 beta 3 running on godaddy. Tried the below fixes on framework/main.php.

Didn't work, so have rung support and manage to get them to look further. Frustrating!

Regards
Scott

patattrash

Community Member, 16 Posts

6 July 2013 at 8:36am

Scott
I too am having this issue with SilverStripe 3. Did you find any solution?

Scott Farmer

Community Member, 49 Posts

9 July 2013 at 2:33pm

Had no luck with godaddy support. I tried to tell them it worked fine and suddenly stopped working, but they put it in "code problem box" and could get no further. So I decided it was easier to use another host.

DrWebGuy

11 July 2013 at 8:33am

I inserted the "fix" into my code - however, the problem I am having with THREE of my Godaddy hosted Silverstripe sites is that everything EXCEPT the home page, or index, seems to be working fine. When you go to the main page, you get the default Godaddy "Future home of something quite cool" page. You can go to domain.xyz/about-us/ and it works just fine.

Any explanation for that?

http://www.resdisposal.com <-- FAIL

http://www.resdisposal.com/staff <-- works fine

jfusco

Community Member, 53 Posts

14 July 2013 at 10:51am

Thought I was losing my mind. Applied the fix suggested by GoDaddy and the site is back up and running as expected. Thank you so much because I was not looking forward to assembling a different CMS. I've put so much into SilverStripe and the site is just how I want it.

BTW: For those of you that don't know, main.php is in the "framework" folder/directory

-- Joe

Flipper

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 July 2013 at 11:09am

@DrWebGuy:

How did you fix this issue exactly?

Thanks

DrWebGuy

24 July 2013 at 3:43am

It seems that the older version of Apache gave priority to the .htaccess file when looking for an index. The newer version (Apache 2.4) seems to give first priority to ANY index file in the directory, whether it be index.php, index.html, or in my case the default welcome.html. After deleting (or renaming) welcome.html, Apache defaulted to the .htaccess file and began working correctly. I actually did not have to apply the "fix" from Godaddy to get this working.