Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Server Upgrade Woes

Go to End

38 Posts   10491 Views

Ana

Community Member, 7 Posts

29 August 2013 at 8:09am

Hi to all,

Only recently I've noticed my website had the same issue, not accessible via the main address (or main sub-site address). I've tried the work-around but it did not work. Have you guys manage to sort the issue just with the work-around provided?

Thanks!

DrWebGuy

Community Member, 16 Posts

29 August 2013 at 8:44am

See my previous comment. Check your root directory for any html or php files that the server could be looking at as an index file. (home.php, welcome.html, etc.)

Ana

29 August 2013 at 9:40am

Ah, worked like a charm! Thank you so much, @DrWebGuy!

DigitalDesignAustralia

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 September 2013 at 3:54am

I am having this same issue and getting mixed information from GoDaddy support. It's very frustrating.

I have applied the fix to main.php as provided (very helpfully) by GoDaddy in this thread which has helped in that most pages now work - with the exception that the homepage fails to load any content with the correct path (it continues to insert index.php/ before all content paths.

the site is two directories in (isolatedangles.com/clients/naomitroski)

The odd thing is that when clicking on links the first time from the homepage it appends the page url twice (http://isolatedangles.com/clients/naomitroski/clients/naomitroski/new-gallery-page/) but then clicking on the link again it calls the correct link (http://isolatedangles.com/clients/naomitroski/new-gallery-page/) ... Basically all links from the homepage are incorrect but off any other page they work fine..

Any ideas?

Ana

8 September 2013 at 5:53am

What fixed for me was to remove any HTML or PHP files from the root folder as the new version of Apache seems to get confused as to which file is the index file. It was suggested by DrWebGuy as an alternative to editing the main file.

DigitalDesignAustralia

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 September 2013 at 12:14pm

Thats solved it for me too now. Brilliant! Thanks very much. I still have the main file edited but deleting all php and html files from the directory including index.php has made it work. Thanks again.

Go to Top