Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Member Directory with advanced search using SS

Go to End

2 Posts   748 Views

tonymead66

Community Member, 1 Post

18 June 2013 at 8:58pm

Hi all.

I wondered if it possible to build the following site using Silverstripe with not too much of a learning curve. I am a php developer with a few years under my belt, long time asp dev so am happy to get my hands dirty...

A Member Site with advanced search option.

1. I'd like a person to be able to register on the site entering their personal details along with a set of skills (about 10 form fields). Admin need to manually 'activate' registration request and auto send email to confirm this has happened.

2. A user of the site would be able to search through the database of registered users using a form with multiple fields to narrow down their results.

I suppose it's a bit like a real estate website but using people and their skills instead of properties.

Many thanks for any help or pointers.

Regards,
Tony.

Bereusei

Community Member, 96 Posts

19 June 2013 at 4:33pm

For the first issue, this could help: https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles
For the second, try this in _config.php:

FulltextSearchable::enable();