Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

.htaccess: RewriteBase takes one argument, the base URL of the per-directory context

Go to End

3 Posts   1716 Views

Shawn W

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 June 2013 at 3:22pm

When I try to go the admin panel after installing Silverstripe, I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" page.

When I look at the error log, I'm seeing the following error:
.htaccess: RewriteBase takes one argument, the base URL of the per-directory context

I have no idea where to start to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 June 2013 at 7:25pm

What is the content of your .htaccess file?

Shawn W

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 June 2013 at 3:07pm

Willr,

Thanks for trying to help me troubleshoot. I was actually able to resolve it. I was using my hosting sites Softaculous functionality to automatically install SilverStripe and something wasn't working properly.

I decided to just install SilverStripe manually myself by downloading the zip file from SilverStripe and following SilverStripe's install instructions. When I did that it worked fine and everything is up and running.

Thanks