Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

.htaccess: RewriteBase takes one argument, the base URL of the per-directory context

3 Posts   717 Views

Shawn W

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 June 2013 at 3:22pm

When I try to go the admin panel after installing Silverstripe, I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" page.

When I look at the error log, I'm seeing the following error:
.htaccess: RewriteBase takes one argument, the base URL of the per-directory context

I have no idea where to start to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

22 June 2013 at 7:25pm

What is the content of your .htaccess file?

Shawn W

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 June 2013 at 3:07pm

Willr,

Thanks for trying to help me troubleshoot. I was actually able to resolve it. I was using my hosting sites Softaculous functionality to automatically install SilverStripe and something wasn't working properly.

I decided to just install SilverStripe manually myself by downloading the zip file from SilverStripe and following SilverStripe's install instructions. When I did that it worked fine and everything is up and running.

Thanks