Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

White Screen and GridFieldBulkEditingTools

Go to End

3 Posts   1859 Views

fischli

Community Member, 7 Posts

25 June 2013 at 1:47am

I have successfully installed SS3.0.5, are able to create Pages and Users can login. BUT I can't build. Only white screen appears. I have set SS3 in dev-Mode and the error log shows no error while building.
I've successfully installed some modules too, but witch GridFieldBulkEditingTools I had no luck: The error log shows "PHP Fatal error: Class 'GridFieldBulkEditingTools' not found in ..." so the build was'n successful. But because other modules do WORK it must a problem of the module/installation.
On the other hand - it would be great to SEE what happens after a build process. ;-)
Any hints?
- Director::set_environment_type("dev"); (done)
- .htaccess contains "php_value display_errors On" and "error_reporting(E_ALL);"

SnowBoarder82

Community Member, 57 Posts

4 July 2013 at 10:27am

Hi fischli,

I am having the same error with a gallery module which uses the GridFieldBulkEditingTools module. Did you ever come to a solution with this?

Thanks,

SnowBoarder82

Community Member, 57 Posts

5 July 2013 at 3:29pm

Hi fischli and anyone else experiencing the same problem.

The reason for the error is that the latest build of the GridFieldBulkEditing tools module does not contain the file GridFieldBulkEditingTools.php and is therefore missing the class "GridFieldBulkEditingTools" see - https://github.com/colymba/GridFieldBulkEditingTools

The quick fix from Colymba (the author of the module) is to simply remove the line of code referencing the missing class. For the most basic use, everything should still work as expected.