Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Drag and drop reorganizing the SiteTree

Go to End

5 Posts   1594 Views

haugen

Community Member, 14 Posts

29 June 2013 at 2:40am

Hey guys!

After a lot of googling, I had to eat my pride and ask you guys ;)

Reorganizing the SiteTree menu backend in SilverStripe is easy with drag ann drop, but how do I get this reorganizing to be visible on the frontend, i.e. the menu. How can I reorganize the backend with drag and drop, and get that exact same structure frontend?

From what I've googled, I see that you had an option in SilverStripe 2.4 to do this. I can't find it any options for this in 3.0 backend, so I thought maybe I had to set a config variable to activate it. But I can't find anything there either.

Hopefully this is suuuuper easy, and most of you will facepalm as a direct cause of my question.

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 138 Posts

29 June 2013 at 4:03am

Edited: 29/06/2013 4:06am

It really should just be dragging the pages to the desired order. Remember to save and publish the page you moved.
If you refresh the admin panel, are the pages still in the order that you dragged them to?

EDIT: After moving a page in the tree, it should say "modified" next to it. Also the messaging should display sitetree reorganised.

haugen

2 July 2013 at 12:05am

Woah, thanks. I thought this was updated automatically with Ajax. Thanks alot!

Neelam

Community Member, 15 Posts

12 August 2013 at 7:01pm

Edited: 12/08/2013 7:02pm

Seems that 3.0.5 does not need publishing after drag and drop..any idea about the modifications...or any patches?

haugen

19 November 2013 at 1:36am

Uhm, I still need to publish after reorganizing the sitetree.