Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Reset password issues

2 Posts   484 Views

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

4 July 2013 at 9:51pm

I'm just testing the lost password feature on a site I currently have in development. So I visit the page (http://new.sworcs.ac.uk/Security/lostpassword), enter my email address, and within a few minutes I recieve an email with a reset password link in it.

So far so good..

The problem is, once I hit the reset password link in the email, I'm taken to a form which not only asks me for my new password, but also asks me for my old one as well.

This would be fine if I knew what my old password was, but seeing as I started this process by using the lost password form, this doesn't make any sense.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Lime Blast

Community Member, 22 Posts

4 July 2013 at 11:43pm

My bad...

... I've got a two browser set-up on my machine, and I had visited the lost password form using a browser on which I was not logged into the site - but upon getting the reset link, I viewed it on a browser in which I WAS logged in - which I'm guessing is why I got the current password field.

I've since used the reset link on the other browser, and got what I expected.