Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Home Page Theme

Go to End

7 Posts   842 Views

DavidD

Community Member, 4 Posts

31 July 2013 at 5:50am

Could someone point me in the right direction? I had my site built by a third party and of course they are no longer around. My sites home page seems to be missing the theme files or someting. All other pages work just not the home page. For example /inventory or /about-us as well as /admin

Attached Files
copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

31 July 2013 at 7:38am

Did this just happen recently? What is working in the past and then just suddenly stopped working? Have you made any changes to the code or templates?

DavidD

31 July 2013 at 8:02am

Yes, just recently happened (godaddy hosted). All was working fine and no changes have been made.

http://www.redapplehay.com (broken)

http://www.redapplehay.com/inventory (working as well as all other pages.)

cSGermany

Community Member, 37 Posts

1 August 2013 at 2:42am

It looks like that the css rules were not applied.

Did you change the class and / or id names in your html markup of the homepage template?

DavidD

1 August 2013 at 4:29am

No, no changes have been made on this site for some time that is what is confusing.

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

1 August 2013 at 5:00am

DavidD,

I noticed that on your homepage, all of links in your nav menu contain index.php/. As does your base href meta tag, but the subpages do not.

Do you have FTP access to this site? If so, can you check and make sure that index.php is still in the root of your SilverStripe directory?

DavidD

1 August 2013 at 5:12pm

Yes index.php was there... Your post caused me to look closer at index.php and what I found was this...

define('BASE_SCRIPT_URL','index.php/');

So I changed it to

define('BASE_SCRIPT_URL','');

This fixed my problem! Don't understand what changed to cause this but thanks for your help!