Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Manage extensions in yaml

3 Posts   599 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1133 Posts

3 August 2013 at 2:31am

I know extensions should be set in yaml like this:

Classname:
extensions:
['myExtension']

But is there a way to replace an extension with another one or remove it in yaml as well? or do we need to go back to the old _config.php and do:

Classname::remove_extension('oldExtension');

And if not - could some 'remove-extension' key be added, and then use before/after to force some extensions to not be loaded?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

5 August 2013 at 11:34am

Edited: 05/08/2013 11:37am

The config system is designed to not include values in certain circumstances, e.g. if you check the [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/configuration]docs on config[/url] it mentions the use of "Only", "classexists", "moduleexists" etc, which might work for you.

Unit tests still in the core use remove_extension() so that's probably alright to use for the time being, e.g. Member::remove_extension('MyMemberExtension') for 3.1 syntax, and Object::remove_extension('Member', 'MyMemberExtension') for 3.0 syntax. You can also manipulate the Config class directly, e.g. Config::inst()->remove('Member', 'extensions', Config::anything(), 'MyMemberExtension')

If this function gets deprecated that'll be a later release of the framework.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1133 Posts

7 August 2013 at 11:17pm

Thanks Sean, I'll read the docs again - I'm getting better at working YAML, but it still doen't come naturally somehow :)

Martine