Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

How to get Silverstripe to use templates in <mysite> folder

4 Posts   369 Views

Schippie

Community Member, 37 Posts

20 September 2013 at 10:49am

Edited: 20/09/2013 10:56am

I probably have a really silly question but i cannot get my homepage.php to use the homepage.ss template located in <mysite>/templates/homepage.ss It just reverts back to the default silverstripe theme for some reason.

I would like to use the mysite folder for the reason that i want to have all files in one folder nicely grouped together css js php and templates.
But i cannot seem to get it to use those templates.

It when i flush=all / 1 gives timeout errors/exceeding memory limit and when i remove the cache manually from the appdata it reverts back to the default theme.

PS: i posted this i think in the wrong section if somebody could move it for me :S

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

20 September 2013 at 11:57am

Hi Schippie,
could you check/post your classes in side homepage.php

for example I have

class HomePage extends Page
class HomePage_Controller extends Page_Controller

Then I have HomePage.ss

Schippie

20 September 2013 at 5:26pm

They indeed extend from the default Page classes and not from the sitetree / contentcontroller classes.
I would be able to post some code but only in a few hours. Posted it as a question after work and have the code only available to me at work.

Schippie

20 September 2013 at 7:33pm

Edited: 20/09/2013 8:05pm

Turns out i had written the HomePage class name as HomaPage never noticed yesterday. Though that brings me more or less to the next problem that is that <% include HeaderHome %> was the cause of the timeout errors. While the file is simply within the templates folder like : <mysite>/templates/Includes/HeaderHome.ss.

Edit: after some more searching i found the problem in the form of old code still left in that template before the switch to 3.1 where we decided to redo most of the templates/javascript etc. turns out including footer.ss within footer.ss is not a great idea :P