Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Layout in Layout

4 Posts   296 Views

Bereusei

Community Member, 94 Posts

24 October 2013 at 3:35am

Hey Guys,

I have a Page.ss where my main layout sit. Then I have in the layout folder an ContentPage.ss, which is later placed in Page.ss. So far so easy.
Now I wanna go one level deeper: What I need is a SubContentPage.ss as child from the ContentPage.ss. The content from SubContentPage should be placed in ContentPage and ContentPage again in Page.ss.

Page.ss:

<html>
<body>...</body>
$Layout
</html>

Layout/ContentPage.ss

<div class="Layout_from_ContentPage">
<div class="Content">$Layout_Layout</div>
</div>

And now I need something like this:
Layout/Layout/SubContentPage.ss

<div class="subcontent">$MyText</div>

At the end I want this structure:

• StartPage

• AboutMePage

• ContentPage
    • SubContentPage1

• SubContentPage2

• SubContentPage3

I hope my description is clear. Is this possible?

Attached Files
Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

24 October 2013 at 2:58pm

Inside your Page class you could add a function titled SubContent (or SubLayout). And return a rendered HTML block eg

public function SubContent() {
         return $this->renderWith( 'Sub' . $this->class, array( 'Subcontent' => $this->SubSomeVarOrRelation ) );
      }

Then inside your includes folder have SubPage.ss & SubContactPage.ss etc.
And either in your main Page.ss or individual layout pages include the var $SubContent

The rendering will depend on how you're handling the SubContent. Are you just going to have an HTML field in the page, or are these going to be a list of DataObjects, or potentially one of many DataObjects.

Bereusei

Community Member, 94 Posts

25 October 2013 at 2:42am

Thank you for response. rendeWith works fine. But the pagetype from my SubContentPage needs to be ContentPage, doesn´t it?
In my case all Children of ContentPage must have another pagetype.

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

25 October 2013 at 11:36am

Might need some more info on how you're making the SubeContent? Can you paste some code?

If they're nested child pages you could make an include file in themes/templates/Includes/RenderChildren.ss

And there loop over the children
<% loop Children %>
Render Sub Child Page stuff
<% end_loop %>

and then include it in your main page
<% if Children %>
$RenderChildren
<% end_if %>