Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Use SilverStripe functionality from outside SilverStripe

Go to End

2 Posts   948 Views

memdev

Community Member, 6 Posts

8 November 2013 at 5:21am

Edited: 08/11/2013 5:28am

Hi,

I used SilverStripe 2.4 to build a backend for managing data for a website that is not based on SilverStripe.

Currently I use the REST API of SilverStripe to retrieve data from the backend.
But this is a high traffic website and things get more and more slow because of the number of HTTP requests made through the REST API.

I know it is more a server issue, but to speed things up, is there a way to talk to SilverStripe directly though PHP? Something that does not hit apache for every single API call.

Currently I only use GET method of the RESTful server to retreive data and call some methods to e.g. resize images.

It would be great to hear your experience or if you could point me into the right direction.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that both sites are running on the same server (SilverStripe in an subdir).

Thanks,
Manuel

memdev

Community Member, 6 Posts

24 December 2013 at 2:24pm

I am currently writing a socket server module which will extend the SoapServer to communicate with SilverStripe. Clients can then connect through sockets to Silver Stripe.

Any thoughts on that? Or is it possible to "include" SilverStripe functionality in an non-silverstripe php script to query data using DataObject::get or an API-like way?