Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Trying to fix code to go back php versions

2 Posts   352 Views

an_Eskimo

Community Member, 10 Posts

27 November 2013 at 3:45pm

can anyone please help here, when I run this code, the editors for this are not able to see the sitetree. All that comes up is "There has been an error".

The error that comes up is: "[Error] Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'organisation' does not exist on 'Page'"

This is coming from the line marked with stars:

public function canEdit($member = null) {
      $return = false;

// If parent::canEdit() returns true, then the user is an admin so they're allowed to edit. We don't need to do
      // any further checking.
      // If parent::canEdit() returns false, then we want to continue checking whether the Member is part of the group
      // of editors that this ResourcePage is associated with
      $return = parent::canEdit($member);
      if(!$return) {
         // Get the Member object ($member could be instanceof Member, or ID, or null)
         if(is_numeric($member)) $member = Member::get()->byID($member);
         else $member = Member::currentUser();
if($member && $member->isInDB()) {

// Check whether this Member is in the organisation editing group
*** if($this->Parent && $this->Parent->Organisation() && $this->Parent->Organisation()->Group()) {
if($member->inGroup($this->Parent->Organisation()->Group(), true)) {
$return = true;
}
}
}
      }

return $return;
   }

any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

an_Eskimo

Community Member, 10 Posts

27 November 2013 at 5:25pm

For those who are interested, I solved this quite simply (After three, yes, three hours of fighting with it).

All I did was add a try catch around the if statement causing the issue and it has fixed it.