Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

not showing full list of files

Go to End

7 Posts   1322 Views

munchkin233

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 February 2014 at 5:08am

Having an issue with one of my site in that the files folder doesn't show the full list of images/files, it show's the first page but when i click to the next page it goes blank, it's the same when using the image upload box. There's no error showing on the files page in the cms but the upload box shows

Uncaught exception Error {stack: (...), message: "cannot call methods on selectable prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'destroy'"} in onunmatch on
<tbody class=​"ss-gridfield-items">​…​</tbody>​

and

Stack Trace:
Error: cannot call methods on selectable prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'destroy'

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a bit of a beginner with most coding languages at present so laymen's terms would be appreciated ;-)

Thanks for anyone that can help.

Bereusei

Community Member, 96 Posts

4 February 2014 at 10:47pm

Strange error. But if there is a problem with uploading files, check the permission of the upload folder and subfolders where the images are stored. Permission of all folder should be 777.

munchkin233

4 February 2014 at 11:08pm

Permissions are all set to 777 and there's no problem uploading the files it just won't go past page 2/3 in the list of files, i've attached screen shots of what is happening, I don't get any other errors in dev mode either.

Attached Files
Bereusei

Community Member, 96 Posts

4 February 2014 at 11:29pm

What you could try is to upgrade Silverstripe to the latest version.
Just make a backup of your files before upgrading.
If the upgrade break your system, you can easily set it back.

munchkin233

4 February 2014 at 11:38pm

Thanks for your reply,

I'm already using the latest version

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 107 Posts

10 February 2014 at 8:55pm

try to sync files using admin -> file

munchkin233

11 February 2014 at 2:19am

I actually tried that thanks

It turned out my client had uploaded a couple of files that were too big but it didn't show the usual error at first until they uploaded a third large file, once I deleted the files it all started working again.

Thanks for the repsonses