Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SOLVED: TinyMCE problem - Javascript attempting to load .php file

jonathanc

19 February 2014 at 11:22am (Last edited: 19 February 2014 11:45am), Community Member, 1 Post

Hi there,

New to SilverStripe and new to the forums.

I just installed a fresh version of Silverstripe on top of Ubuntu/Nginx/PHP/Mysql and so far everything has worked perfectly except for the following:

When I go to load the page editor, the page fails to load the TinyMCE Editor and inspector shows the error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Essentially....

At the bottom of the page in the Javascript Includes area, there is an include attempting to load a .php file instead of a .js file and of course fails when the first line is "<?php"

<script type="text/javascript" src="/framework/thirdparty/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.php?m=1384281859&amp;js=1&amp;plugins=table,emotions,paste,media,fullscreen,inlinepopups,advimagescale&amp;themes=advanced&amp;languages=en&amp;diskcache=true&amp;src=false"></script>

Is this a failure on something else, or is there somewhere I can change it to load the .js file instead of the .php file.

Thanks!

------------------

Found a solution:

Under /framework/forms/HtmlEditorField.php i replaced the following block of code:

if(Config::inst()->get('HtmlEditorField', 'use_gzip')) {
$internalPlugins = array();
foreach($configObj->getPlugins() as $plugin => $path) if(!$path) $internalPlugins[] = $plugin;
$tag = TinyMCE_Compressor::renderTag(array(
'url' => THIRDPARTY_DIR . '/tinymce/tiny_mce_gzip.js',
'plugins' => implode(',', $internalPlugins),
'themes' => 'advanced',
'languages' => $configObj->getOption('language')
), true);
preg_match('/src="([^"]*)"/', $tag, $matches);
Requirements::javascript(html_entity_decode($matches[1]));

} else {
Requirements::javascript(MCE_ROOT . 'tiny_mce_src.js');
}

with

Requirements::javascript(MCE_ROOT . 'tiny_mce_src.js');