Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SLOW loading pages

Go to End

5 Posts   2773 Views

Kuki

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 December 2008 at 11:01pm

has anyone else experienced web pages loading slowly?

We have built 4 sample sites now with Silverstripe and they all have the same slow page load problem.... not sure if this is a hosting issue or a silverstripe one.

I did look at a few sites in the showcase and they also don't seem to load that fast either.

rOger

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 December 2008 at 9:00pm

Yep, we also noticed that the web page loading is a kind of slow ;-) We also tested other PHP-based CMS systems (like Typo3, CMS Made Simple) on the same hosting environement and they look like they would perform faster than SilverStripe.

Probably it is due our hoster is using php as (Fast-) CGI module. But this is very common because only in this configuration you are able to protect files of other users in a web hosting environement.

Are there some tipps to speed up the whole thing?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

23 December 2008 at 12:19am

Installing a code-cacher / optimizer worked great for us (we use X-Cache).

rOger

Community Member, 4 Posts

23 December 2008 at 6:19am

Unfortunatly I'm not able to add such a 3rd party module to the hosting environment - I know asked my hoster if he has any plans to add such an accelerator in the near future...

But in the mean time I'm interested what else I can do to improve performance... any suggestions?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

23 December 2008 at 11:55pm

Well , with Sapphire being quite a powerful and complex framework , Silverstripe is performing a bit less than the alternative more simple solutions systems out there. This being said, I can't say that on our host , the performance is below par , or annoying.

Only thing I can think of is using either an optimizer or a cacher .... If you really need raw performance , you might want to try out the Silverstripe static exporter (search the wiki for it) ......