Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Finished tutorial...now what?

4 Posts   1034 Views

SugarMtn

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 December 2008 at 9:23am

I am really like SS. But I am missing something I guess. I got a new hosting account, installed SS from the web hosts installer, and have gone completely throught the tutorial. Everything works great, but everything is in 'tutorial'. I don't find clear steps on moving what I developed so far from 'tutorial' to 'mysite'. I want to be able to implement some of the downloadable themes. Also my 'mysite' folder does not contain a _config.php file. Obviously I am a major noob but love what I see. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

22 December 2008 at 9:31am

Just move everything in the tutorial folder to /mysite/ and flush and rebuild (db/build?flush=1)

This seems to be a bit of a secret - but there isn't anything special about the mysite folder. Any subfolder with a _config.php is built into your site =)

simon_w

Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

22 December 2008 at 10:35am

Though, if you move _config.php out of tutorial, you must edit it to change the $project variable from tutorial to mysite, or you'll get warnings at the top of ever page.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

22 December 2008 at 11:17am

Ah, forgot about that.

Made me think though... its only really important use is in ManifestBuilder for template precendence, no? Perhaps there is an argument for making it a static var of ManifestBuilder instead.

Maybe a discussion for the dev group.

Regards,
Hamish