Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

TinyMCE only in Content/Main field

Go to End

4 Posts   2125 Views

patte

Community Member, 63 Posts

23 December 2008 at 3:42am

Dear SilverStripe Community,

in my local installation the TinyMCE interface is showing on top of all content fields like content, benaviour, to-do...

The SilverStripe demo has the editor field only within the content/main field. Can someone please explain how to move TinyMCE to that location in general?

Thank you very much!

patte

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

23 December 2008 at 8:26am

Hmm that's weird. I'm seeing the demo site is using 2.2.1 yet has the new tinymce implemented. That's misleading and odd in general.

Basically, starting in SS 2.3 the tinymce editor goes above the textarea field, and no longer at the top. It is probably too much work to hack the 2.2.x setup, so I'd suggest using 2.3

It's pretty stable as is and will be out shortly, so might as well start using it now to make upgrades easier.

patte

Community Member, 63 Posts

23 December 2008 at 9:13am

Thanks for your answer. I'll start using SS 2.3 ... when do you expect it going final?
P.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

23 December 2008 at 9:53pm

When it's ready ;)

There was talking about getting it before the holidays, but that probably won't make target. With that said, it doesn't seem far enough. I'd probably guess a month or two tops.