Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

multisites possible?

Go to End

107 Posts   35703 Views

TWoSH

Community Member, 13 Posts

17 June 2009 at 5:32pm

quamsta: you see, I don't know if this is something to fix or on purpose left like this. I would LOVE to have it included in the official distribution.

JamesS: Thats basically the script yo would run to symlink all the "dependencies", yes. So far so good. But you mention three new files that should be modified; Image.php (in sapphire/core), /cms/code/AssetAdmin.php and /sapphire/core/model/ErrorPage.php. So thats an additional 3 files. However, I believe after a quick look that modifying the Image.php file (by replacing ../ with Director::baseFolder()."/" as you say) is enough to cancel out the changes we made to GD.php, which is good.

What I don't like about all of this is that as it seems right now we would need to modify 4 files in the sapphire folders and 1 in the cms folder... Having to modify the core of the system each time an update is released and applied doesn't seem so good...

JamesS

Community Member, 5 Posts

17 June 2009 at 5:53pm

I'm a little unclear but did ask Uncle Cheese specifically if these were the ONLY files that needed changing and his response was YES:

/cms/code/AssetAdmin.php
/sapphire/core/model/ErrorPage.php
/sapphire/core/model/Image.php

I know the gd.php, file.php and folder.php filese were mentioned in an earlier post, however TWoSH as you mentioned, the changes to the image.php file supercede changes to the gd.php file, so I'm under the impression the same is true for the others. Hopefully that's true so that only makes 2 files in /sapphire and 1 in /cms.

As mentioned I'm flat out so can't test this new information to had at the moment, but keep me posted!!

TWoSH

17 June 2009 at 6:08pm

Sounds good JamesS! If we can get some time we'll try to dig around in the files and see what we can find! Thanks for the hints! And if some SS Guru would comment on our discussion and show us the light it would of course be greatly appriciated! :)

quamsta

Community Member, 29 Posts

18 June 2009 at 4:49am

Is it just me or do AssetAdmin.php and ErrorPage.php NOT have any relative links in them. I searched for ../ but couldn't find anything to replace. I was able to properly fix Image.php, though.

TWoSH

18 June 2009 at 5:10pm

Edited: 18/06/2009 5:11pm

Hi quamsta

You're right; there are no relative links in that regard. However there is for instance a ASSETS_PATH variable there that might very well be in the form "../assets". Havn't had time to dig into this issue yet.

JamesS

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 June 2009 at 5:19pm

Just fired an email to Uncle Cheese asking him to post comment in this thread and help us all out.

Uncle Cheese, please, please, please, shed some light on this and help out us mere mortals.

(pretty please..)

:)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 June 2009 at 11:34am

Hey, guys,

Wow, I didn't realize this thread had grown so much. I can tell you that the first time I did a shared install of SS, it was on 2.2.2, and a lot may have changed since then. When I upgraded to 2.3.1, if my memory serves me correctly, I think I searched for ../ in a few of those files and did not find anything. The big ones are GD and Folder, of course.

How is everyone making out with this? Anything I can do?

TWoSH

22 June 2009 at 8:05pm

Edited: 22/06/2009 8:07pm

Hi Uncle Cheese - I'm very happy you could join us in our discussion!

I sure hope you could shed som light on the situation... :)

Could you verify which files needs modification? We've successfully modified the
/sapphire/core/model/Image.php
file by replacing the ../ with Direcor::BaseFolder()."/"
These changes affected /sapphire/filesystem/GD.php so we could revert this file to it's original.

We have not found anything worth changeing in the following files (yet...):
/cms/code/AssetAdmin.php
/sapphire/core/model/ErrorPage.php
/sapphire/filesystem/Folder.php
/sapphire/filesystem/File.php

These have all been mentioned a couple of times in the previeous posts, and it is unclear how they should be modified, if they should be modified at all.

Any chance you could really dig into it and like filecompare a fresh 2.3.1 with your "master" install?

Also, if you could post any thoughts on drawbacks using symbolic links for maintaining one installation, that would be great!

/Tim