Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

multisites possible?

107 Posts   18634 Views

michelsteege

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 October 2012 at 2:23am

I know this is an old topic but has anyone done this with silverstripe 3?
I have symlinks to the framework, themes and cms folder and it kinda works except for the admin, the admin loads but when i click anything in the sitetree or menu the url updates but the page does not

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 October 2012 at 3:30am

Hi!

It’s working here, with both 2.4, 3.0 and master versions of everything managed through Git. Your issue looks JavaScript-related, I’d start debugging there.

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 3:55am

How did you achieved it?
I just added symlinks to the cms, framework and themes folder, added the FollowSymLinks option in the htaccess file and installed it.
I can see the ajax request for the admin pages and the result that is working great only thing it does not do is update the page :)

Juanitou

18 October 2012 at 4:49am

I don’t know… I recall being obliged sometimes to reload the page for updating it, but I cannot reproduce it, and for the actual site I’m developing I use the 3.0.2 tags of framework and cms, because the master branches have bugs in the CMS interface. What version are you using?

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 7:31pm

I use version 3.0.2
Yesterday evening i tried it on a different server (localhost xampp) and did the follow:

-made two folders test01 and ss3
-First copied everything in the test01 folder
-Installed silverstripe
-Moved the cms, framework and themes folders to the ss3 folder
-Created symlinks to those folders
-Added the symlink option to the htaccess

After that i got this error: SilverStripe Framework requires a $databaseConfig defined.

It think it is looking in the wrong folder for the config file but i am not sure why?

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 8:00pm

Little update,

If i add a _ss_environment.php file in the ss3 folder containing this code:

define('BASE_PATH', rtrim(dirname(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])), DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR));

Then it works except for the admin, there if have the same problem as before again

Juanitou

18 October 2012 at 8:44pm

Yes, in the SS3 folder you need a _ss.environment.php file with the BASE_PATH and the database credentials.

Then, for each “project” folder:
– Copy assets, mysite and themes folders from the SS3 install.
– Copy also the .htaccess file (after installing the SS3 environment) and modify the RewriteBase directive.
– Make the symlinks to cms and framework.
– In mysite/_config.php, delete all mention of $databaseConfig and Director::set_dev_servers, and instead make sure that you file starts like this:

<?php

global $project;
$project ='mysite';

global $database;
$database ='(databasename)';

// Use _ss_environment.php file for configuration
require_once("conf/ConfigureFromEnv.php");

Then you just point your browser to something like “localhost/project_folder/dev/build” and you are ready to go!

Hope it helps,
Juan

michelsteege

18 October 2012 at 9:54pm

Yes it works! thanks for your help!