Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Tutorial 4 - Site Search

4 Posts   1136 Views

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

7 January 2009 at 1:58pm

Edited: 07/01/2009 2:12pm

As mentioned by others I have followed this tutorial and got the search facility showing up on the screen. However it produces no results. When I type in a nonsense string that wont be found there is no message coming up telling me that the search was unsuccessful so it feels like the results feature is not being found. I would greatly appreciate help on finding what I have done wrong.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 January 2009 at 2:47pm

Please post your code and the error you're getting.

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

7 January 2009 at 4:52pm

No Errors are being generated. When I enter a valid search string the screen refreshs but nothing else happens. there is no message when an invalid string is entered and not found. The files that I modified for this feature are page.php, page.ss and page_results.ss. I have attached these files.

shapeg

Community Member, 4 Posts

1 February 2010 at 6:41am

Hi, Just had problems with search myself. I found that the Page.php file had the following line at the bottom.
return $this->customise($data)->renderWith(array('Page_results', 'Page')); so it was looking for a file titled Page_results.ss. But my actual file was PageResults.ss. The fix is to rename them to match. I changed the page.php file to look for PageResults.ss and it all started working. In retrospect, perhaps I should have done it the other way by renaming the file.