Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Not Found The requested URL /sapphire/main.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

4 Posts   11881 Views

CrownVictoriaCop

Community Member, 1 Post

7 January 2009 at 2:13pm

Hello,

I transferred to a new server, from a privately hosted home one to Vexxhost. I used the domain forosmf.com, which I did change the nameservers for it to the appropriate ones.

After the transfer, even without any files related to SilverStripe on my new server, I still get this message when going to http://www.forosmf.com

Not Found

The requested URL /sapphire/main.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now, I understand installing SilverStripe would help the problem. But I do not wish to use SilverStripe anymore as my CMS. I would like to use a different product that fits my needs more.

So, how do I get rid of this message?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 January 2009 at 2:43pm

Delete your .htaccess file.

aleangelico

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 September 2009 at 12:05pm

Great! this worked!. I installed SilverStripe in my Desktop and everything was fine (sort off). But in my notebook I had this problem.
I would never think it has to be with the .htaccess file.

Many Thanks

J2-Paul

Community Member, 51 Posts

15 April 2010 at 6:57am

This was very helpful in solving an install issue I was having in moving from IIS to WAMP. Can you explain "Why" this fixes the problem, I am very interested to know! Thanks. Paul.