Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Akismet not working (get timeouts)

7 Posts   1516 Views

HansR

Community Member, 140 Posts

7 January 2009 at 5:41pm

Comments are no longer working on my website. I get a timeout error that says the following:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in ...\cms\code\sitefeatures\Akismet.php on line 357

Line 357 of akismet.php is in the middle of a loop:
while(!feof($fs))
{
   $this->response .= fgets($fs, $this->responseLength);
}

Has something changed with the Akismet service itself? Or is there an issue with my server? My site is hosted on an IIS6 server. I have already double-checked my Akismet API key.

Hans

HansR

11 January 2009 at 2:49pm

I'm not sure if this helps, but someone else found that Akismet's servers behave better under HTTP/1.0 instead of HTTP/1.1. See [url=http://blog.defv.be/2008/2/22/akismet-problems]here[/url]. Maybe someone who is familiar with the Akismet code could experiment a little.

Hans

pixelmin

Community Member, 16 Posts

16 June 2009 at 11:07pm

I get exactly the same message :(

Any solution?

HansR

16 June 2009 at 11:12pm

I upgraded to the latest version of Silverstripe, and switched to Mollom. That's working nicely.

Hans

pixelmin

16 June 2009 at 11:28pm

Great, thanks!

pixelmin

17 June 2009 at 12:04am

Now I have a little problem :(

I've installed Mollom and Spam Protection Modules. I've followed every step on the installation guide:
http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:mollom

But when I go to the "Reports" section on the administration I can see "Mollom" but I don't get “Your mollom key is working.” message and I see nothing in the right panel.
Also, when I go to an entry page on the front-end the page is totally blank.

Do you know what I did wrong?

pixelmin

17 June 2009 at 12:12am

Nevermind.

I'm working in a local computer and I guess Mollom key isn't working. I suppose I won't have this problem when I upload my SS site to a server.