Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

error Cannot write manifest file!

5 Posts   3203 Views

pjssms

Community Member, 49 Posts

9 January 2009 at 1:02am

Hello,

How do i fix this error ?

Everything was working ok before.

I have added some mutilingual funcionalities yesterday. What can this be ? What should i check ?

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-one100mp-public_html/manifest_home_one100mp_public_html_sapphire_main.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/one100mp/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 198
Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-one100mp-public_html/manifest_home_one100mp_public_html_sapphire_main.php

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

15 March 2009 at 10:29am

I am running into the same issue. I didn't change anything, but now after I run the install, I get the same error. Someone please help!

Installing SilverStripe...
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
Creating /home/homering/public_html/mysite/_config.php
Creating '.htaccess' file...
Creating /home/homering/public_html/.htaccess
Building database schema...
Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-homering-public_html/manifest_home_homering_public_html_sapphire_main.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/homering/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 198
Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-homering-public_html/manifest_home_homering_public_html_sapphire_main.php

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

15 March 2009 at 1:51pm

Create a folder called "silverstripe-cache" along side sapphire, cms, jsparty, etc, and make sure that it can be written by your webserver.

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

15 March 2009 at 2:54pm

Thank you Sam!

That worked the first time. I was really bumming on this off and on all day. Thank you again!

Steve

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

17 February 2010 at 8:47am

Interestingly I got this error (or a blank page with a 500 Internal Server Error response) on two different windows machines (2003) with iis6.

I had to add security permissions for IUSR_[computer name] manually to get it to work. As soon as it worked once I then removed this addition and IIS would inherit the permissions as per normal. Strange.

This happened when I copied a newer version of my website over an old copy. All good now.