Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hidng Site Tree Pages and Tabs in the Editor Content View of the CMS?

Go to End

26 Posts   12125 Views

DaAmazing1

Community Member, 2 Posts

17 January 2009 at 4:21pm

Edited: 17/01/2009 4:22pm

To disable the rendering of the HTML try this, it worked for me. Someone else confirm this is right, I just started hacking the code two days ago so I might be missing something.

In the Saphire/core/Model/Hierachy.php file you'll find a getChildrenAsUL function line number 37. If you insert after

foreach($children as $child) {

these lines of code

if(!$child->canEdit())
  continue;

the HTML for the tree nodes won't render.

erwanpia

Community Member, 63 Posts

18 January 2009 at 3:06am

@DaAmazing1 : works fine.

doesn't solve my problem of subpages though...

DaAmazing1

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 January 2009 at 6:20am

After further research that was a pretty bad solution, that class is used to decorate other classes so who knows what gets broken by doing that. I found a better easier solution that solves the html rendering and the subpages:

In the cms/code/LeftAndMain.php on line number 388 you'll find a $sitetree variable being set, change that to this:

$siteTree = $obj->getChildrenAsUL("", '
						($child->canEdit()?"<li " . ($child->canEdit()?"id=\"record-$child->ID\"":"") . " class=\"" . $child->CMSTreeClasses($extraArg) . "\">" .
						"<a href=\"" . ($child->canEdit()?Director::link(substr($extraArg->Link(),0,-1), "show", $child->ID):"javascript:;;;") . "\" class=\"" . $child->CMSTreeClasses($extraArg) . "\" title=\"' . _t('LeftAndMain.PAGETYPE','Page type: ') . '".$child->class."\" >" . 
						($child->canEdit()?($child->TreeTitle()):"&nbsp;") . 
						"</a>":"")
	'					"</a>"
	'

This is a better solution because your not messing with the core code and should only affect the Sitetree.  All the decorator Hierarchy class does a simple php eval on the template so the inline ifs should solve the issue.  The tree looks a bit messed up, but everything works I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to hack the css to fix the tree.  Also the code is a bit messy I was trying several different things so you might want the extraneous inline ifs deleted.  

erwanpia

22 January 2009 at 12:38am

well done, I have not tested your code but had looked at this line of code and tried to implement what you did, this is exactly the place to make this modification happen

Ricardona

Community Member, 26 Posts

9 June 2009 at 1:42pm

I have tested your code and works!

Is possible add this to SS distribution?

Thanks that is perfect for me.

PP

Community Member, 5 Posts

10 June 2009 at 12:30pm

yes, we've been using that code since January and it's worked perfectly =)

erwanpia

30 July 2009 at 9:25pm

hi, quick note on upgrade for 2.3.2, change occurs in cms/code/LeftAndMain.php : line 517

$siteTree = $obj->getChildrenAsUL("", '
					($child->canEdit()?"<li id=\"record-$child->ID\" class=\"" . $child->CMSTreeClasses($extraArg) . "\">" .
					"<a href=\"" . Director::link(substr($extraArg->Link(),0,-1), "show", $child->ID) . "\" class=\"" . $child->CMSTreeClasses($extraArg) . "\" title=\"' . _t('LeftAndMain.PAGETYPE','Page type: ') . '".$child->class."\" >" . 
					($child->TreeTitle()) . 
					"</a>":"") 

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

30 July 2009 at 9:58pm

Great, thanks Erwanpia. This should really get considered for the core, are there any relevant tickets open?