Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Hierachical/nested URLs again...

8 Posts   1894 Views

rdr

21 January 2009 at 11:09pm Community Member, 7 Posts

The old discussion on this is now archived here:

http://silverstripe.org/archive/show/526

And I was wondering what the progress is on this? People have been after this functionality since 2007.

AdamJ

21 January 2009 at 11:29pm Community Member, 145 Posts

Check out [url=http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/252591]this thread[/url] posted the other day.

rdr

22 January 2009 at 3:36am Community Member, 7 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up on the other thread.

Like a lot of people, this is a really crucial issue for us; it's been a very disappointing deal-breaker on a few projects, in fact.

Although we'd rather have done some recent work we've won with SilverStripe, we've had to use CMS Made Simple instead (which does do hierarchical URLs out of the box).

Roll on 2.4...

AdamJ

22 January 2009 at 1:23pm Community Member, 145 Posts

I'm in the same boat. Theres a couple sites I will be doing very shortly that call for nested urls, but am having to delay them to wait for Silverstripes implementation

rdr

22 January 2009 at 11:43pm Community Member, 7 Posts

Would bribery help at all? :)

rdr

19 October 2009 at 12:14am Community Member, 7 Posts

Bump (9 months later). Has there been any progress on this feature?

I notice SS hasn't reached 2.4 yet, so I'm guessing not (but perhaps I've missed something). I was also wondering how people are getting around this on sites of any kind of depth?

ajshort

19 October 2009 at 12:20am Community Member, 244 Posts

This was recently merged into trunk.

Stijn

23 November 2009 at 9:24pm Community Member, 46 Posts

How do you implement "Hierachical URLs" ?