Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

javascript validation error in CMS

3 Posts   1579 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1097 Posts

8 February 2009 at 8:26am

Edited: 08/02/2009 8:51am

I get this javascript error every so often in Firefox 3.0.6 when updating a page (new pagetype) in the CMS (2.3rc3):

$("Form_EditForm").validateEmailField is not a function

(I have an emailfield in the CMS for this page - should I not use it here?). After that the CMS hangs on saving the page and it won't save any other pages until I restart the browser. It started to occur after I added a TableField to the CMSFields of the Page. It seems to happen mostly after I update the Page Model. Could all be a coincidence though. Is this a known bug?
[edit] Found that it happens in IE as well...
Also I always get this on initial startup (showing the admin login):

jQuery is not defined http://<mysite>/Security/Login

Webbower

Community Member, 10 Posts

3 March 2009 at 5:49pm

I get the same problem. If I switch the EmailField in the Admin panel for the page type in question, to a TextField and reload the page with ?flush=1, the form works. But that should be the way it's supposed to work. I found the source of the code, but I don't know how to work with the JS library being used. The

validateEmailField

function is being written with the Behaviour JS library and probably using Prototype and I'm a jQuery person. The problem is in the

sapphire/forms/EmailField.php

file.

ilyabr

Community Member, 2 Posts

29 April 2009 at 6:17am

I had the same problem. After investigating a bit I figured out that I have it only when we have more than one form on a page (with email fields present in more than one as well). It seems to me that there is a bug in Silverstripe (I use 2.3.1):
line 30 in EmailField.php stores generated javascript in a hash in order to be dumped on the page later; unfortunately it is being stored under constant key (func_validateEmailField), therefore the last form processed overwrites the previous one, and the required javascript function is never created. I got around by adding a unique string to the key (form name), like this:

Requirements::customScript($jsFunc, 'func_validateEmailField' .'_' . $formID);

I'll try to submit a bug.