Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Stupid Image Question

Go to End

4 Posts   671 Views

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

5 May 2014 at 12:12pm

Ok, call me stupid but how does one change an image in an editor field in Silverstripe 3.1 without deleting it first (and thus losing relevant links etc)?

If one clicks the editor button or uses the context menu, one is presented with an "Update Image" dialog, in which there is no possibility of swopping it out for a different one.

Is there a missing module to improve this behaviour that I am unaware of?

Julian

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

5 May 2014 at 1:37pm

You could try using the versioned files module, allows switching images without having to change everywhere that the image has been used.

See http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/silverstripe/versionedfiles

Hope that helps.

tazzydemon

5 May 2014 at 2:21pm

Thanks I will have a look.

The funny thing its that despite its other idiosyncrasies in this department, 2.4 did not work like this and image change was simple..

Julian

tazzydemon

5 May 2014 at 2:37pm

Sadly that module works only in the files tab and not in the page edit mode. This leaves either the image icon or the context menu as the only means to manipulate the image - and manipulate it you can't!!